1. When paper casting is dry, apply a light coat of varnish to seal the casting from moisture (so it will not swell and lose the design when paint is applied). Optional: Apply the varnish just to the design and leave the ouside of the casting untouched.
2. Optional: Apply a light 2nd coat of varnish and let dry.
3. Apply light rusty orange paint to entire leaf. Let dry.
4. Apply darker rusty orange paint to the raised portions of the leaf as a highlight, allowing the veins to remain lighter. Let dry.
5. Apply a light coat of spray varnish to seal in paint. Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish if desired for more sturdiness. Let dry.
6. Wrap decorative paper around candle and glue ends together at rear of candle.
7. Tie raffia round center of paper and tie ends together in a knot at rear of candle. Affix to paper with a little glue.
8. Use glue of choice to affix casting to center of paper and raffia at front of candle as shown.