1. While clay is still wet, cut out casting using crimper cookie cutter. Let dry and sand rough edges smooth.
2. Apply a coat of primer and let dry.
3. Apply paint brown paint to background, and red and brown to heart as shown.
4. Hot glue casting to center of stiffened doily.
5. Glue mini-bows to corners of doily.
6. Hot glue ribbon, gold cord, floral wire, or fishing line on back as a hanger.
This clay casting project is featured along with dozens of others
in our book The Art of Clay Casting, which includes basic paper casting
instructions, techniques for special effects, and a glossary of terms.
Project designed and created by Sue Moore.
Photography by Paperworks, Corvallis, OR.