1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the bird and flower design and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply dark rose paint to 3 tulips and let dry. Then apply medium rose paint as highlights to raised portions of tulips. Apply metallic rose paint to center of heart. Let dry.
3. Apply medium lavender paint to 2 birds and tail feathers. Let dry. Then apply light lavender paint as shown to highlight raised portions (making sure to avoid birds’ eyes) and let dry.
4. Apply metallic gold paint to 3 stems and around heart as shown and let dry.
5. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
6. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
7. Glue casting to center of top paper.
8. Use gold marker to draw box around artwork approx. 3 3/8” square.