#214 – Home Sweet Home Greeting Card
Paper Casting Project
Celebrate memories of home and family with this beautiful card and send it with delicious home-baked cookies that match!
#214 – Home Sweet Home
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #214 – Home Sweet Home or #1014 – Home Sweet Home
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit or Refill)
1 paper casting* - #214 – Home Sweet Home or #1014 – Home Sweet Home (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 greeting card
2 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of matte green approx. 2 5/8” square, and a piece of matte blue approx. 2 1/4" square)
Paint – metallic blue, metallic green, metallic lavender, metallic pink
Optional: 4 lavender grommets (or you can substitute sequins or jewels; or use a purple pen to draw purple circles in each corner as shown)
Note: You can substitute Import design #1014 – Home Sweet Home for Heirloom design #214 (pictured).
1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the house design and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply each color of paint to the house design as shown and let dry between each coat. Do the recessed portions of the design first.
4. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
5. Cut papers and then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry.
6. Put 1 lavender grommet in each corner of blue paper as shown (through both pieces of paper).
7. Glue casting to blue paper and let dry.
8. Glue artwork to card.