#201 – Lacy Heart Teddy Bear Decoration
Paper Casting Project
An easy-to-make necklace for that special teddy bear!
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #201 – Lacy Heart or #1005 – Lacy Heart
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit or Refill)
1 paper casting* of design #201 – Lacy Heart or #1005 – Lacy Heart (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions)
1 piece red 1/8" or 1/4" wide satin ribbon to go around bear's neck and long enough to tie a bow
Acrylic paints: red, pink
*Note: Alternately, the casting for this project may be made from clay instead of paper (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions). The choice is yours.
Note: You can substitute Import design #1005 – Lacy Heart for Heirloom design #201 (pictured).
1. Let paper casting dry thoroughly. Then with sharp scissors carefully cut out heart design as shown below.
2. Varnish casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design swell and disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence.
3. Apply red paint to the lacy edge of the heart (just the uppermost portion of design). Apply red to the stems of the flowers. Let dry. Then apply pink paint to the flowes as shown and let dry.
4. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting and let dry.
5. Cut ribbon, place around bear's neck, and tie a bow.
6. Glue painted heart cut-out to center of bow.