1 craft cardboard plaque with hanger (from the craft store) – painted pink (or any color you prefer)
1 piece gingham (checked) fabric to match color of plaque (as shown) approx 2" wide and long enough to fit the width of the plaque
Acrylic paints – brown, tan, black, red, pink
White lettering to spell a name or any word or phrase you want (we used peel-and-stick lettering). Note: You may use a felt pen or paint to do the lettering if you prefer.
1. Let casting dry thoroughly and use sharp scissors to cut out the bear design.
2. Varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence.
3. Apply each color of paint separately to the bear design (as shown) and let dry between each coat so that the colors won't run together.
4. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
5. Cut fabric to fit width of plaque and glue in place, then let dry.
6. Glue casting to plaque and let dry.
7. Glue lettering on top of checked fabric and let dry.
Have fun experimenting with different ways to paint your teddy.