1. Let paper castings dry thoroughly. Then with sharp scissors carefully cut out 2 tulip designs (1 for each side of box).
2. Varnish each cut-out to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design swell and disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence.
3. Apply yellow paint as the background color on the tulip cut-outs and let dry. Apply red and orange to flowers (as shown) green and blue-green to leaves (as shown). Be sure to apply each color separately and let dry between coats so colors won't run together.
4. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted cut-outs and let dry.
5. Glue 1 painted tulip cut-out to each side of box.
7. Tie ribbon into a bow, then glue to box handle. Cut ends diagonally.