#131 – Star of David
Paper Casting Project
Create a beautiful card for the holidays –
then send it along with matching cookies for a very special gift.
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #131 – Star of David (1) or #342 – Star of David (2)
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit or Refill)
1 paper casting* of design #131 – Star of David (1) OR #342 – Star of David (2) (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 blank greeting card
3 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of deep-blue textured paper approx. 3 1/8" square, a piece of metallic silver paper approx. 2 5/8" square, and a piece of medium-blue textured paper cut to approx. 2 1/2" square)
Clear acrylic varnish
Acrylic paints: metallic silver, blue to match papers
Optional: Glitter, ultra fine
*Note: Alternately, the casting for this project may be made from clay instead of paper (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions). The choice is yours.
Note: You can substitute Heirloom design #342 – Star of David (2) for Heirloom design #131 – Star of David (1) pictured.
1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence.
2. Apply silver paint to star design, and while it is still we, apply glitter if desired. Shake off residue. Let dry. Repeat with blue paint and glitter for flower in center. Let dry.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 3 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
5. Glue casting to center of top paper on card.
THANK YOU, Mary!