100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit or Refill)
1 paper casting* of design #125 – Rose (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
Clear acrylic varnish
1 blank greeting card
3 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of olive green approx. 2 7/8”" square, a piece of metallic gold approx. 2 3/4" square, and a piece of red** paper approx. 2 1/2" square)
Decorative scissors such as Paper Edgers® or punch
Paint – metallic gold, green, **red (match with red paper)
Optional: Glitter (ultra fine)
Note: You can substitute Import design #412 – Rosebud for Heirloom design #125 (pictured).
1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the rose and leaves design and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply red paint to rose petals and let dry.
3. Apply green paint to leaves and let dry.
4. Apply metallic gold paint to highlight rose petals and leaves (as shown). Optional: While gold paint is still wet, apply glitter, shake off access, then let dry.
5. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
6. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Trim the gold paper as shown (with decorative scissors or a punch). Glue 3 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
7. Glue casting to center of red paper.