1. While clay is wet, cut out casting using cookie cutter. If you are going to make an ornament, use toothpick to poke a hole in the top (see How to Make a Hole). Let dry.
2. Sand rough edges smooth.
3. Optional: Apply primer and let dry.
4. Apply each color of paint separately, letting paint dry between colors, so that colors won't run together. Paint casting as shown in photos.
5. Optional: Apply a coat of varnish for permanence. Note: Varnish will leave a more glossy finish.
5. Use hot glue to attach magnet to back, or for ornament, attach hanger.
Use the same method to create 4 more castings and attach them to a plaque
from the craft store for a wonderful gift or momento.