Cotton linter - (see Rycraft Paper Casting Kit and Refill)
1 paper casting* #089 – Seashell OR #1076 – Seashell (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions)
Clear acrylic varnish (optional)
1 pin jewelry finding (from craft store) small enough to hide behind the seashell cutout (see photo below)
Acrylic paints: Pearlescent white, peach
*Note: Alternately, the casting for this project may be made from clay instead of paper (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions). Shown below L to R: Seashells cut out from bread dough and from Creative Paperclay.
1. Cut the seashell design out of the paper casting. Below are examples of 2 sizes of seashell cutouts.
2. Varnish the cutout on both sides (one side at a time) and let dry.
3. Paint front of castings with pearlescent white paint and let dry. Then apply peach paint to one edge of casting as shown. Or use your imagination to create another color scheme (see some ideas below):
4. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to front and back of each casting for more permanence.
5. Glue finding to backs of casting.