#089 – Seashell Earrings
Paper Casting Project
Create a beautiful pair of earrings for yourself
or as a gift for a special friend!
Cotton linter - (see Rycraft Paper Casting Kit and Refill)
2 paper castings* #089 – Seashell OR #1076 – Seashell (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions)
Clear acrylic varnish (optional)
1 pair earring findings
Acrylic paints: Pearlescent white, pink
Irredescent clear glitter (fine)
*Note: Alternately, the casting for this project may be made from clay instead of paper (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions). Shown below L to R: Seashells cut out from bread dough and from Creative Paperclay.
1. Cut the seashell design out of each casting. Below are examples of 2 sizes of seashell cutouts.
2. Optional: Varnish the 2 seashell cutouts on both sides (one side at a time) and let dry.
3. Paint front of castings with pearlescent white paint and let dry. Then apply pink paint to one edge of casting as shown. Or use your imagination to create another color scheme (see some ideas below):
4. Apply a coat of varnish to castings and apply glitter while varnish is still wet. Let dry.
5. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to front and back of each casting for more permanence.
6. Glue findings to backs of castings.
Project designed and created by Sue Moore.