1. While clay is wet, cut out casting closely around the design with a knife and let dry.
2. Sand rough edges smooth.
3. Apply a coat of primer and let dry.
4. Apply paint to cut-out and apply glitter while paint is still wet. Let dry.
5. Optional: Add a sealer coat of varnish to hold the glitter on the surface.
6. Attach bow to package.
7. Use hot glue to attach casting to snowflake, then glue to the bow as shown.
This clay casting project is featured along with dozens of others
in our book The Art of Clay Casting, which includes basic paper casting
instructions, techniques for special effects, and a glossary of terms.
Project designed and created by Sue Moore.
Photography by Paperworks, Corvallis, OR.