1. When paper casting is dry, apply a light coat of varnish to seal the casting from moisture (so it will not swell and lose the design when paint is applied). Optional: Apply the varnish just to the design and leave the ouside of the casting untouched.
2. Optional: Apply a light 2nd coat of varnish and let dry.
3. Apply dark gold acrylic paint to wheat. Let dry.
4. Apply light yellow-gold paint to the raised portions of the wheat as a highlight. Let dry.
5. Apply brown to band around wheat. Let dry.
6. Apply a light coat of spray varnish to seal in paint. Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish if desired for more sturdiness. Let dry.
7. Wrap decorative paper around candle and glue ends together at rear of candle.
7. Use glue of choice to affix casting to center of paper at front of candle.
You can choose to cut out the wheat design from the
casting and use a brown color scheme.