1 clay casting* - #060 – Shamrock (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions)
1 2" round cookie cutter
Sandpaper or emery board (fine grit)
Acrylic primer (optional)
Acrylic clear varnish (optional)
Acrylic paints: metallic bronze, green (or any colors you like)
Tacky glue or hot glue
Optional: 1 magnet (from a craft store).
Optional - For an ornament: 1 piece of jute or string, fishing line, or ribbon 8" long (or longer if desired) for hanger.
1. While clay is wet, cut out casting using cookie cutter. If you are going to make an ornament, use toothpick to poke a hole in the top (see How to Make a Hole). Let dry.
2. Sand rough edges smooth.
3. Optional: Apply primer and let dry.
4. Apply green paint to background area and let dry. Apply bronze paint to edge of casting (as shown) and to shamrock leaves and stems, and 3 dots, and let dry.
5. Optional: Apply a coat of varnish for permanence. Note: Varnish will leave a more glossy finish.
6. Use hot glue to attach magnet to back, or make an ornament by attaching a piece of jute or string, fishing line, or ribbon 8" long (or longer if desired) for hanger.