1. Let paper castings dry thoroughly. Then with sharp scissors carefully cut out butterfly design as shown.
2. Varnish each cut-out to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design swell and disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence.
3. Apply yellow paint to the butterfly (as shown) and let dry. Apply pink paint (as shown) and let dry. Apply blue paint (as shown) and let dry.
4. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted castings and let dry.
5. Use pink paint to apply dots to yellow egg.
6. Glue 1 or 2 painted butterflies to painted polka-dot egg and let dry.