1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #036 – Lyre
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit or Refill)
1 paper casting* - #036 – Lyre (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 greeting card
2 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of sea green paper with a gold embossed music design (see photo below) approx. 2 11/16” square; and a piece of metallic gold paper approx. 3 1/8" square)
Acrylic paint – metallic gold
Optional: gold glitter
1. Let casting dry thoroughly. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the lyre design and leave background area unvarnished.
2. Apply metallic gold paint to lyre as shown and let dry.
3. Optional: While paint is still wet, apply glitter (super fine would look best, but is not best for children to use). Variation: Let paint dry, then apply varnish on areas where glitter is desired, sprinkle on glitter while wet, then let dry thoroughly.
4. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting and to secure glitter in place.
5. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving nice borders. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
6. Glue casting to center of top paper.