1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #032 – Pine Cone
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit or Refill)
1 paper casting* of design #032 – Pine Cone (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 blank greeting card
1 piece of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of green textured paper flecked with gold ) cut to approx. 3" x 5" (or any size you like)
Clear acrylic varnish
Acrylic paints: green, pearl white, 2 shades of brown
Optional: Glitter – gold and clear iridescent (ultra fine)
1. Let casting dry completely. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the branch and pine cone design and leave the background unvarnished.
2. Apply green paint to branches. Optional: While paint is still wet, apply gold glitter (see photo below). Shake off residue. Let dry.
3. Apply dark brown paint to pine cone and let dry. Then paint lighter brown in center of pine cone as a highlight and let dry.
4. Apply pearl-white paint to top of pine cone (as shown) to look like snow. Optional: While paint is still wet, apply clear iridescent glitter (see photo below). Shake off residue. Let dry.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Cut green paper to fit your card and attach to card with glue.
5. Glue casting to top section of green paper as shown.