1. Let casting dry completely. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the stocking design and leave the background unvarnished.
2. Apply paint one color at a time, letting paint dry between coats so paints won't run together. Optional: While paint is still wet, apply glitter. Shake off residue. Let dry.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving a nice border. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the other piece of paper and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
5. Glue casting to center of top paper on card.