#030 – Christmas Tree
Paper Casting Project
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #030 – Christmas Tree OR #1001 – Christmas Tree
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit or Refill)
1 paper casting* of design #030 – Christmas Tree (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 blank greeting card
2 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of shiny gold, and a piece of green textured paper) cut to approx. 2 1/2" square and 3" square
Clear acrylic varnish
Acrylic paints: green, light green, metallic gold, blue, red, brown
Optional: Glitter, ultra fine
*Note: Alternately, the casting for this project may be made from clay instead of paper (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions). The choice is yours.
Note: You can substitute Import design #1001 – Christmas Tree for Heirloom design #030 (pictured).
1. Let casting dry completely. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the tree design and leave the background unvarnished.
2. Apply paint to tree first, then stand, star, and ornaments, one color at a time, letting paint dry between coats so paints won't run together. Optional: While paint is still wet, apply glitter. Shake off residue. Let dry.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving a nice border. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
5. Glue casting to center of top paper on card.