1 clay casting #030 – Christmas Tree (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions).
Crimper cookie cutter
Sandpaper or emery board
Acrylic paints: red, green, gold
Rub ‘n Buff ®, foam brush or SpouncerTM by PLAID ®, soft cloth
Paper (art, origami, wrapping) for tag
Paper Edgers® (Scallop)
Permanent gold marker (Pilot or Uchida)
Tacky glue or hot glue
1. While clay is wet, cut out casting with crimper cookie cutter and let dry.
2. Sand rough edges smooth.
3. Apply a coat of primer and let dry.
4. Paint background of casting with red paint. The paint tree with green and let dry. Then paint ornaments red, base, and star on top. Let dry.
5. Apply Rub ‘n Buff® to edges of design as shown.
6. Use ScallopPaper Edgers® to cut gift tag out of green paper.
7. Glue casting to gift tag.
Project designed and created by Sue Moore. Photography by Paperworks, Corvallis, OR.