1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #030 – Christmas Tree
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit or Refill)
1 paper casting* of design #030 – Christmas Tree (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 blank greeting card
2 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of shiny gold, and a piece of green textured paper) cut to approx. 2 1/2" square and 3" square
Clear acrylic varnish
Acrylic paints: green, light green, metallic gold, blue, red, brown
Optional: Glitter, ultra fine
*Note: Alternately, the casting for this project may be made from clay instead of paper (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions). The choice is yours.
1. Let casting dry completely. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the tree design and leave the background unvarnished.
2. Apply paint to tree first, then stand, star, and ornaments, one color at a time, letting paint dry between coats so paints won't run together. Optional: While paint is still wet, apply glitter. Shake off residue. Let dry.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving a nice border. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
5. Glue casting to center of top paper on card.