#025 – Jingle Bells
Paper Casting Project
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #025 – Jingle Bells
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Cotton Linter)
1 paper casting* of design #025 – Jingle Bells (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 blank greeting card
3 pieces of your choice of decorative papers and colors (we used a piece of red, a piece of green, and a piece of brown corrugated paper cut to approx. 2 1/2" square, 2 3/4" square and 3" square
Clear acrylic varnish
Acrylic paints: green, gold, red
*Note: Alternately, the casting for this project may be made from clay instead of paper (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions). The choice is yours.
1. Let casting dry completely. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the raised parts of the design and leave the background unvarnished.
2. Apply paint one color at a time, letting paint dry between coats so paints won't run together. Let dry.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving a nice border. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the 3rd piece and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
5. Glue casting to center of top paper on card.
Greeting card designed and created by Alex Haug.
Springerle cookie above made by
Mary Moughon, a Rycraft collector.
THANK YOU, Mary!