1. While clay is still wet, cut out casting using cookie cutter or knife. Let dry and sand rough edges smooth.
2. Apply a coat of primer and let dry.
3. Apply red paint to background and let dry. Then green to leaves, brown to bird, and gold to pears and let dry. Highlight tips of leaves, bird and edges of casting with gold and let dry.
4. Hot glue casting to center of stiffened doily.
5. Hot glue ribbon, gold cord, floral wire, or fishing line on back as a hanger.
Project designed and created by Sue Moore.
Photography by Paperworks, Corvallis, OR.