#015 – Grape Cluster Greeting Card
Paper Casting Project
1 Rycraft cookie stamp or craft stamp #015 – Grapes or #1027 – Grapes
100% Cotton Linter (Rycraft Paper Casting Kit or Refill)
1 paper casting* of design #015 – Grapes (see Basic Paper Casting Instructions).
1 blank greeting card
2 pieces of decorative papers : we used a piece of metallic gold cut to approx. 3" square, and a piece of purple and gold decorative paper to match the purple paints we used, cut to 2 3/4" square.
Clear acrylic varnish
Acrylic paints: 3-4 shades of purple, metallic gold
*Note: Alternately, the casting for this project may be made from clay instead of paper (see Basic Clay Casting Instructions). The choice is yours.
Note: You can substitute Import design #1027 – Grapes for Heirloom design #015 (pictured).
1. Let casting dry completely. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the thistle design and leave the background unvarnished.
2. Apply metallic gold to leaves as shown, and let dry. Then apply 3 shades of purple to different grapes as shown and let dry.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving a nice border. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
5. Glue casting to center of top paper on card.