#014 – Canning Jar Label
Paper Casting Project
A unique and charming decoration for your
homemade applesauce and apple juice!
2 pieces of decorative paper to match the fabric and ribbon you use (we used metallic gold cut to 3" square and navy blue cut to 2 3/4" squre)
1. When paper casting is dry, use sharp scissors or an Exacto® knife to cut out apple design from casting.
2. Apply a light coat of varnish to seal the casting from moisture (so it will not swell and lose the design if it comes in contact with moisture. Optional: Apply a light 2nd coat of varnish and let dry.
3. Glue cut papers together and let dry. Then apply to jar. Smooth out so there are no wrinkles in the paper.
4. Glue doily onto center of navy paper and let dry.
5. Glue apple cutout to center of doily and let dry.
Use the same doily decoration to adorn the gift tag on
a box of delicious homemade cookies
with the same apple design!
Cookie decorated by and photograph courtesy of Goosehill Farms.