1. Let casting dry completely. Then varnish the casting to seal it before painting (so wet paint won't make design disappear). Let dry. Optional: Apply a 2nd coat of varnish for more permanence. Variation: Varnish only the thistle design and leave the background unvarnished.
2. Apply dark green paint to the thistle leaves as shown, and let dry. Then apply darker purple to outside of petals and in between. Let dry. Then apply lighter shade of purple to highlight petals as shown and let dry. Apply metallic gold to highlight the raised green portions of thistle design as shown.
3. Optional: Apply another coat of varnish to protect painted casting.
4. Cut papers to fit your card and to then fit one over the other leaving a nice border. Glue 2 pieces together and let dry. Then glue them to the card.
5. Glue casting to center of top paper on card.