1. Before making your casting: Use your paint brush to add a few dabs of purple watercolor paint to the clay (click here for instructions on tinting). Knead the clay in your hands until the color is well blended throughout.
2. While clay is still wet, trim casting with biscuit cookie cutter. Let dry.
3. Sand rough edges smooth.
4. Apply Rub 'n Buff® to the raised surfaces of the thistle design and to the sides of the medallion.
5. Cut lavender paper 1/2" smaller than your blank card. Trim right side and bottom with Colonial Paper Edgers. Glue to card.
6. Trim doily to fit card as shown, and affix doily to card using tacky glue.
7. Glue casting to doily with hot glue.
8. Using Victorian Paper Edgers, trim a piece of lavender paper to fit the center area of the doily and glue it on.
9. On a white piece of paper, write your message by hand or use a computer. Trim message with Victorian Paper Edgers, and glue to the card.
10. Glue a strip of gold trim to the left edge of the card as shown.
Project designed and created by Sue Moore.
Photography by Paperworks, Corvallis, OR.
For an extra special touch, bake up some
matching shortbread cookies to accompany your gift.